Careers at Hills Balfour
If you've got a head for destination marketing and the heart to handle heaps of client love, you could be a perfect fit for the superstar shaped holes we sometimes get on our team.
We should mention, that we look for the best of the best, so with that in mind, if you've got a super positive attitude, solid experience and real problem-solving depth, it's definitely worth starting a conversation.
Simply send us a copy of your most up to date CV, along with a brief covering letter that includes your current salary and notice period. Then send it to [email protected] and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
1. Director, Business Development Europe and Middle East This position will support all new business efforts for MMGY Global and its subsidiary agencies, with a primary focus on opportunities associated with our operations in Europe and Dubai. Reporting to the Director of Global Strategy, this position will involve interaction with agency leadership and support efforts related to the development of new business proposals, pitch decks, sales leads and database management.
This position will support all new business efforts for MMGY Global and its subsidiary agencies, with a primary focus on opportunities associated with our operations in Europe and Dubai. Reporting to the Director of Global Strategy, this position will involve interaction with agency leadership and support efforts related to the development of new business proposals, pitch decks, sales leads and database management. The position will also assist with agency promotions on a needed basis.
- Preparation of new business proposals and pitch decks
- Prospect lead tracking and database management
- Business strategy department and agency administration
- Agency promotions support
- Review, track and assist in the qualification of new business RFPs and opportunities
- Report new business progress and changes to the VP Business Strategy
- Coordinate new business proposal content through outlines and briefs
- Format and design new business proposals and tailor each response in InDesign, Word, Powerpoint and Keynote
- Review and edit all content to ensure compliance with required RFP format or proposed opportunity
- Assist in development of new business pitch decks
- Organise and submit agency award entries
- Maintain a library of all proposals and content
- Build a resource library including case studies, collateral and other materials
- Oversee and assist with New Business Pipeline and enhance, improve and maximise the MMGY Global database
- Support all tracking with leads, top prospects and progress against goals
- Software: Keynote, Powerpoint, InDesign, Illustrator, Email Marketing Programs, Salesforce (or similar platforms) Word, and Excel
- Writing and copy editing skills a must
- Design skills and experience in InDesign strongly preferred
- Organisational skills
- Detail orientated
- Content development and project management experience
- Agency experience and/or knowledge of the travel and hospitality industry is a plus
- 3 year degree
- 3+ years’ experience in agency setting and/or business development is preferred
Reports to: VP, Business Strategy, MMGY Global
To apply please send a covering letter telling us what you could bring to the role, enclosing your CV, salary details and notice period/availability to [email protected] quoting the reference GRP 1908.
2. Social Media Account Executive (London) Enthusiastic, creative, passionate and energetic….... if that's you, then we want to hear from you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join the Hills Balfour Social Media team as an Account Executive to work across a range of prestigious accounts. Educated to degree level, we are looking for a highly motivated and organised individual who has a passion for travel and is confident using social media on a professional level. You will need to have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be capable of conceptualising and creating engaging social media content, reaching out to digital influencers, supporting in event organisation and positively managing online communities.
You will be working in an exciting, fast-paced environment where exceptional attention to detail and delivering projects to tight deadlines are essential requirements. We are looking for someone who is outgoing and enthusiastic who enjoys working as part of a bigger team as well as using your own initiative.
If you think you have what we’re looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter stating your required notice period, current salary and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to [email protected] quoting reference number NE1912.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
3. Sales & Marketing Account Executive (London) We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and driven individual to join our outstanding Sales & Marketing team.
Educated to graduate level, the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of sales and marketing within the travel industry, with at least 1 year’s experience working in a similar role where tour operator and/or agency experience is an advantage.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised individual whose know-how includes day-to-day account management as well as experience of working on high profile marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate should be capable of developing and implementing appropriate sales and marketing plans and activities, event organisation, trade training and trade and consumer shows to ensure maximum destination awareness and exposure for our clients, as well as budgeting and day to day account management and of course working on your own initiative in a demanding and challenging environment.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your CV with a cover letter stating your required notice period, current salary and why you believe you would be a perfect for this role to [email protected] quoting reference NW1913.
4. HR & Office Manager (London) With ongoing expansion, we now have a rare opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our small Central Services team.
We are looking for a reliable and confident Manager to run the day to day demands of our HR department and office requirements.
Reporting into the HR Director and working in conjunction with the Building Management, we are looking for someone with relevant experience and a positive hands on attitude. The ability to be discreet with highly confidential and sensitive information is paramount. The successful candidate will be highly organised, meticulous and have an eye for detail, as well as being able to multitask and adapt easily to change.
You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact at all levels of seniority. While the position is varied covering the operational side of running an office, including health and safety requirements, the successful candidate must have a strong background in HR.
The right applicant will be educated to degree level and have an excellent command of the English language.
To apply please send a covering letter telling us what you could bring to the role, enclosing your CV, salary details and notice period/availability to [email protected] quoting the reference PB1905.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
5. Mice Account Executive (London) Looking for the next step in your career? Join our exciting, dynamic and expanding MICE team based in central London.
You will be educated to a degree level and ideally have at least a years’ experience working within the UK MICE and / or Association sectors, either for a hotel, event agency or DMC.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support and assistance to the MICE account team to develop sales and implement key activities to ensure excellent market penetration for our destination convention bureau clients. As part of our energetic team, key activities will include sales meetings, educational forums, trade shows, b2b networking and hospitality events with primary objective to generate business enquiries to our destination clients. You will be expected to maintain an up to date trade database in the MICE market and accurate records of all sales & marketing activities to include in monthly and quarterly year reports, whilst keeping abreast of industry developments and market trends, reading key industry media outlets, as well as researching new potential clients for sales appointments.
The candidate will need to be highly presentable, have a high attention to detail and ability use their own initiative. A European language (preferably French, German, Spanish or Italian) would be an advantage.
To apply, please send a covering letter including your current salary / expectation and notice period, enclosing your CV to [email protected] quoting ref HR1901.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
6. PR ACCOUNT MANAGER (London) Due to exciting developments at Hills Balfour, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR Account Manager / Publicist to join our award-winning team.
Due to exciting developments at Hills Balfour, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR Account Manager / Publicist to join our award-winning team.
Working from our central London offices, this is a dedicated, pan-European role supporting one of Hills Balfour’s flagship clients with local and national media campaigns targeting millennials, gen-Z travellers and fun seekers across nine European countries.
This role requires at least three to five years’ experience in the travel, hospitality and lifestyle space. We are looking for someone who is passionate in their commitment to achieving exceptional results and delivering a world-class service.
The role would be well-suited to a socially-savvy culture seeker who is keen to work with an industry disruptor brand currently taking the global hotel/accommodation market by storm. Day-to-day, the successful candidate will drive awareness of the brand and its product offerings amongst key consumers, landing out of the ordinary earned media placements that differentiates the brand from its competitors. You should like music, be in the know of what’s going on and live for experiences.
This role requires a dynamic individual, capable of providing operational know-how, strategic support and entrepreneurial nous. Applicants must be able to work - and thrive - in a fast-paced environment and should have the confidence to operate successfully under their own initiative as well as collaboratively alongside the wider Hills Balfour team. We are looking for someone who is motivated, organised, cool and creative, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and take full responsibility for their own workload across multiple markets. A good grasp of the social media and digital influencer landscape is essential.
This is a great opportunity to join the UK’s leading integrated travel marketing agency at an exciting time of unprecedented growth.
To apply, please email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to Maureen McGrory at: [email protected] quoting reference HT1910.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
7. On-the-road Sales & Marketing Account Executive – (Northern regions of the UK & Ireland) We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Sales & Marketing Account Executive to join our team in an on the road position.
Hills Balfour continues to be one of the most influential and fastest growing representation and PR agencies and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Marketing Account Executive to promote on of our clients to the UK Tour operators and Travel agents throughout the North of the UK.
Ideally educated to degree level, you will be on the road for 3-4 days a week, building and maintaining relationships with our trade partners. Daily activities will include sales calls, meetings, product training with tour operators and travel agents, market analysis and constantly looking for and identifying opportunities to generate and grow business to the hotels.
The successful candidate will be passionate about travel and ideally will have experience either in travel sales or travel marketing, with an in-depth knowledge of the client destination and the UK Travel industry. They must also be an excellent communicator, highly presentable, have an eye for detail and be able to use their own initiative.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Demonstrable sales and marketing experience within the travel industry
Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Good geographical knowledge of northern England, Scotland and Ireland
Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi tasked and fast paced role
Excellent analytical skills
Used to working to strict deadlines and capable of managing and prioritising their own workload
Proficiency in word, excel and outlook
We are looking for a car owner with a clean driving license. The successful candidate will be required to spend a certain number of days a week on the road and be home-based on the other days. They must also be available to attend meetings and events at the Hills Balfour head office, which is based in central London. Overseas travel will also be part of the job.
To apply for the position, please email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role, and include details of your current salary and any notice period to: [email protected] quoting JM1911