Careers at Hills Balfour
If you've got a head for destination marketing and the heart to handle heaps of client love, you could be a perfect fit for the superstar shaped holes we sometimes get on our team.
We should mention, that we look for the best of the best, so with that in mind, if you've got a super positive attitude, solid experience and real problem-solving depth, it's definitely worth starting a conversation.
Simply send us a copy of your most up to date CV, along with a brief covering letter that includes your current salary and notice period. Then send it to [email protected] and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
1. Qualified Management Accountant This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute Management Accountant to join a brilliant brand within the travel marketing space. It is a group that has grown quickly in recent years and therefore offers plenty of scope for future development.
Main duties include:
- Producing monthly management accounts including month-end journal entries and analysis.
- Managing the annual statutory audit
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Partnering with Operational Managers for financial support and queries on the P&L and client billing/profitability
- Completing annual budgets and quarterly forecasting
- Assisting in systems implementation and development
- Developing and implementing new policies
- Assisting in payroll
- Preparing various quarterly and annual returns to HMRC/ONS
- Ensuring balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis
- Producing the periodic VAT return
- Managing fixed asset register and capital expenditure reporting
- Identifying new value for money initiatives
- Ad hoc analytical work as required by Senior Management
Key skills & experience required:
- Newly Qualified Accountant (up to 2 years)
- Experience of UK GAAP (particularly FRS 102) and US GAAP required, IFRS exposure would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, with the confidence and ability to discuss numbers with all stakeholders including non-finance personnel.
- Strong Excel (At least sum-if, v-look-up etc)
- Systems’ ability (Paprika would be beneficial)
- Self-starter, someone who can use their initiative and proactively push things forward
- Enjoys working as part of a close-knit team, keen to get involved in company activities and events
If you feel like you meet the criteria for this role please email your CV to [email protected] quoting reference NS1921
No Recruitment Agencies please!
2. PR Senior Account Executive/ Account Manager We have an exciting opportunity for a PR Senior Account Executive/Account Manager to join our expanding and award-winning PR team.
With a meticulous eye for detail and a proven track record of developing and maintaining top media contacts across the travel and lifestyle sectors, this role will suit a highly motivated, organised and strategic individual, who can take a lead in managing some of our highly prestigious accounts.
As a graduate with at least two to three years’ PR experience, you will have an excellent understanding of social media, be highly adept at initiating and directing creative PR and social media campaigns, organising outstanding media events, interviews and press trips and in every way exceeding your clients’ expectations. You will also have to demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative as well as being able to lead and motivate a small team.
If you are someone who thrives in a demanding, challenging and fast-paced environment and you have a passion for travel, this is the job for you!
To apply, email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to [email protected] quoting reference MP1920. Please also include your current salary and, if applicable your notice period / availability.
3. Sales & Marketing Account Executive – Spanish Speaker If you are looking to build on your career in sales and marketing and you have a passion for travel, this is the role for you!
Hills Balfour, an MMGY Company, is part of the world’s largest integrated marketing and PR agency specialising in travel and hospitality and we are now looking for an exceptional Sales and Marketing Account Executive to join us.
Educated to degree level with outstanding verbal skills and excellent written proficiency, you will be assisting the account manager in developing and implementing engaging sales and marketing plans and activities and writing client reports to a high level of accuracy. Other tasks will include organising events and familiarisation trips, undertaking destination training to ensure maximum awareness and exposure for your clients and providing administrative support and assistance to the sales and marketing account team. There will also be some overseas travel as part of the job.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing and enthusiastic, highly motivated and extremely organised, who enjoys working as part of a bigger team but is confident to work on their own initiative. Conversational Spanish is also essential for this role.
If you think you have what we’re looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter stating your required notice period, current salary and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to: [email protected] quoting reference ML1919.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
4. MICE Account Executive Looking for the next step in your career? Join our exciting, dynamic and expanding MICE team based in central London. You will be educated to a degree level and ideally have at least one year’s experience working within the UK MICE and / or Association sectors, either for a hotel, event agency or DMC.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support and assistance to the MICE account team to develop sales and implement key activities to ensure excellent market penetration for our destination convention bureau clients. As part of our energetic team, key activities will include sales meetings, educational forums, trade shows, b2b networking and hospitality events with primary objective to generate business enquiries to our destination clients. You will be expected to maintain an up to date trade database in the MICE market and accurate records of all sales & marketing activities to include in monthly and quarterly year reports, whilst keeping abreast of industry developments and market trends, reading key industry media outlets, as well as researching new potential clients for sales appointments.
The candidate will need to be highly presentable, have a high attention to detail and ability use their own initiative. A European language (preferably French, German, Spanish or Italian) would be an advantage.
To apply, please send a covering letter including your current salary/ expectation and notice period, enclosing your CV to [email protected] quoting ref HR1915.