Hills Balfour launches HB Luxe
Over the years Hills Balfour has built up its client base to such an extent that the decision was taken to form a new division within the agency to accommodate Hills Balfour’s wide range of luxury clients - HB Luxe is this new luxury division of Hills Balfour.
With its excellent contacts across all luxury media platforms, HB Luxe curates beautiful stories that capture an audience’s attention and ignite their imagination, forges like-minded brand partnerships and builds strong relationships with social disruptors and is always results driven and focused on generating incremental business. The essence of HB Luxe can be summed up with the following:
- Passionate and curious - the team is passionate about luxury and curious about exploring the world. The intersection of where luxury meets travel is where they flourish. They understand the depths of luxury be it the solitude of a deserted island or in a buzzing capital, unexpected connections, a sense of wonder or simply unwinding in a beautiful hotel that becomes home.
- Media culture - they are voracious consumers of all forms of media and successfully navigate its various platforms. They know what makes a good story. They also understand the importance of fully integrating a social media campaign with traditional media. They journey far beyond the travel pages to tell a client’s story.
- Contacts - in addition to media contacts, they have excellent relationships in the world of fashion, sport and luxury goods. They bring worthy brand partnerships to the table that give their clients access to those elusive HNWI databases.
- Market Intelligence - they stay on top of the global luxury scene with a presence at PURE, ILTM, LE and Positive Luxury.
- Value for money - their campaigns demonstrate a cost effective, targeted and results-oriented approach. They also offer flexibility by working on a series of projects rather than impose a retainer fee.
- Long-term client retention - some of their clients have been with them for as long as 12 years and many reappoint them time and time again.
- Global reach – through its affiliation with the Worldwise PR network
- Results driven - they firmly believe in contributing to the bottom line and consistently deliver above and beyond their clients’ expectations.
Heading up HB Luxe is Jo Hartley, one of Hills Balfour’s longest standing Associate Directors - Jo is the team’s go to girl for London’s hottest venues and events - whether seeking out the latest outpost of an international brand, or attending the launch of a new author’s book or art show with the cognoscenti, Jo is dialled in to the current trends that London emanates. Jo is a huge ambassador of the ‘bleisure’ model, seamlessly blending her work and personal life into one. She oversees the day to day strategy and activity for her clients across hotels, airlines, and tourist boards. She is an hotel PR specialist having represented the five-star all-inclusive Occidental Hotels properties Royal Hideaway Playacar in Mexico and Royal Hideaway Ensenachos in Cuba, launching them both to the UK market. Jo also looked after the UK PR for Metropolitan Hotels in Canada, representing their Toronto and Vancouver properties. She oversaw their press office strategy and numerous ex-UK press trips over the course of the contract. She also lead the press strategy for two Indian Ocean clients - Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives and Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, initiating brand partnerships with a private jet broker and The British Fashion Council, and additionally negotiated Mauritius’ sponsorship of London Fashion Week.
Ably supporting Jo, is Mathura Premaruban, one of Hills Balfour’s senior PR directors. Mathu is a luxury lifestyle and travel PR specialist and is a self-confessed hotel junkie and constantly on the hungerlust trail. She thrives on creating strategic, innovative campaigns for her clients and forging exclusive brand partnerships. Mathu was Raymond Blanc’s and Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons’ PR for over five years; during her time with Mr. Blanc, she worked closely with the BBC to steer the media campaigns around his TV shows as well as his memoirs ‘Taste of My Life’. Mathu has also handled the PR for luxury hotel collections including One&Only, Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, The Set Hotels (which included launching Café Royal Hotel). She was also Head of PR for VisitEngland where she successfully managed global campaigns, highlights being the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta and a flood relief campaign with HRH The Prince of Wales in South-West England. Most recently she was director of communications of The Dorchester Collection’s UK properties, looking after The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane and Coworth Park.
HB Luxe and Hills Balfour’s portfolio of luxury clients include - Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard – Princes Hotels – Amazing Venues – Nom Nom World Foods - The Islands of Tahiti – Heritage Resorts (Mauritius) – Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority – Costa Navarino – The Kingdom of Bhutan