Careers at Hills Balfour
If you've got a head for destination marketing and the heart to handle heaps of client love, you could be a perfect fit for the superstar shaped holes we sometimes get on our team.
We should mention, that we look for the best of the best, so with that in mind, if you've got a super positive attitude, solid experience and real problem-solving depth, it's definitely worth starting a conversation.
Simply send us a copy of your most up to date CV, along with a brief covering letter that includes your current salary and notice period. Then send it to [email protected] and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
1. Executive Assistant and Facilities & Office Manager Permanent - Five days a week We are recruiting a confident EA and Office & Facilities Manager to support the CEO and to manage two properties in the London Bridge area.
EA duties will be shared with another EA and will include:
- Diary management, organising appointments and meetings
- Arranging international and national travel, arranging accommodation, processing expenses
- Email management, composing business letters and correspondence
- Arranging and attending meetings, preparing agendas and minute taking
- Arranging conference calls and video conferences
- Acting as the gatekeeper for the CEO, handling all incoming queries
- Organising monthly Director meetings and taking minutes
- Wider traditional secretarial duties and assisting the HR Director with PA duties
Office & Facilities Manager duties will include:
- Looking after two properties in the London Bridge area, be pro-active in finding efficient and cost saving initiatives to ensure the smooth running of the offices
- Oversee the general maintenance of all three properties; ensure the buildings are clean and secure; liaise with cleaners and recycling companies; ensure full compliance with Health and Safety and Risk Assessment requirements
- Schedule THB Board meetings; attend the meetings; take and circulate the minutes
- Look after the Penthouse including diary management; ensure it is prepared for senior events and that it is maintained to an exceptionally high standard at all times
- In conjunction with the THB Board, organise and attend meetings with contractors, architects, interior designers etc.
- In conjunction with the THB Board, order new furniture/equipment; work closely with the THB Executive Directors to manage the budgets
- Undertake regular inspections of the three properties and organise remedial action as and where required; liaise closely with the THB Executive Directors to ensure any works are carried out promptly, with minimal disruption to business activities and that all costs are approved and adhered to
- In conjunction with the Operations and HR Director, liaise with all third-party building and facilities contractors in accordance with contractual agreements; seek competitive tenders for any works, supplies and services needed
- Ensure any maintenance programmes run smoothly and are carried out in accordance with the approved project plans, timetables and contract management agreements
- Ensure each business within the THB portfolio is providing a professional, safe and healthy working environment; raise any issues immediately with the appropriate Executive Director(s)
- In conjunction with the appropriate Directors, oversee and assist with desk and office moves
- Provide administrative and office support (including overseeing the reception rota) on an ad hoc basis
Skills and Attributes:
- Previous demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills; highly tactful and discreet
- Advanced working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; excellent administrative skills; accurate and highly numerate
- Outstanding time management skills
- Strong team player, committed, reliable, enthusiastic and honest
- Easy going by nature and able to get along with both work colleagues and senior managers
- An ability to learn new responsibilities quickly
- Pro-active and capable of working on own initiative, but equally can take/follow direction
- Hands-on attitude; able to work hard and perform tasks rapidly and efficiently
- Motivated by achieving targets and goals, with a flair for providing high-quality EA, office and facility support
Proven experience of negotiating with, and developing good relationships with, suppliers, contractors and internal and external clients, achieving maximum productivity
- First Aid qualification desired (training will be offered to the successful candidate)
- Fire Marshall training desired (training will be offered to the successful candidate)
- A high attention to detail; understands the importance of delivering outstanding work within agreed deadlines and against targets
- Organised and efficient, able to multi-task and adapt easily to change
- Adept at planning and testing new and innovative solutions; recognises what is working and what needs to be improved upon
- A real can-do attitude; able to cope with, and prioritise a varied workload and work under pressure
- Creative and quick-thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly focused
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, salary details and notice period / availability, quoting reference AHTHB 1817 to [email protected]. Due to the high levels of interest in this position it is not possible to contact you if your application is unsuccessful.
2. Events Manager / Senior Events Manager (LONDON) We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and strategic individual who can lead the running of a prestigious new event for the travel industry. This role will suit someone who is confident in managing all elements of an event, including logistics, recruitment, marketing, content and communications. Strong content creation skills are essential for this role as is the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Educated to degree level, you should have a minimum of five years' experience in a similar role together with a thorough understanding of the travel industry, excellent communication skills and an ability to work using your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
If you are someone who thrives in a demanding, challenging and fast-paced environment and you have a passion for travel, there has never been a more exciting time to join our enthusiastic, flexible and energetic team.
To apply, email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to [email protected] quoting reference RB1816. Please also include your current salary and, if applicable your notice period / availability.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
3. PR Senior Account Executive As the UK’s leading travel PR and representation consultancy, Hills Balfour is currently looking for a Senior PR Account Executive to join our dynamic and highly creative team.
PR Senior Account Executive
As the UK’s leading travel PR and representation consultancy, Hills Balfour is currently looking for a Senior PR Account Executive to join our dynamic and highly creative team.
We want stars of the future and are looking for an intelligent, articulate and a social media savvy professional to join our vibrant team. You will be full of creative flair, but results driven. You should be adored by media and clients alike, have a knack for writing captivating copy and boast a track record for generating awesome press coverage.
In a demanding and fast-paced environment, the role will include press release and copy writing, developing and selling-in stories, coordinating events, organising press trips, overseeing social media posts and analysing press coverage, with some UK and overseas travel as part of the job. Candidates should be motivated, able to think on their feet, be good at multi-tasking and have an eye for detail.
The ideal candidate will have a strong character as he/she will form part of an enthusiastic, dedicated, flexible and energetic team, as well as being able to work on his/her own initiative in a challenging environment.
To apply, please email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to [email protected] quoting reference CF1818. Please also include your current salary and, if applicable, your notice period.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive we are unable to reply individually to every application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE