Careers at Hills Balfour
If you've got a head for destination marketing and the heart to handle heaps of client love, you could be a perfect fit for the superstar shaped holes we sometimes get on our team.
We should mention, that we look for the best of the best, so with that in mind, if you've got a super positive attitude, solid experience and real problem-solving depth, it's definitely worth starting a conversation.
Simply send us a copy of your most up to date CV, along with a brief covering letter that includes your current salary and notice period. Then send it to [email protected] and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
1. PR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Due to the ongoing exciting developments at Hills Balfour, we now have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced PR Account Director to join our award-winning team.
Working from our central London offices, this role will suit an established PR professional with at least six years’ experience, ideally within the travel and lifestyle PR sectors. We are looking for a great people manager and someone who is passionate in their commitment to achieving exceptional results and delivering a world-class service for their clients.
No two days are ever the same at Hills Balfour, but some of the key responsibilities for this role will include promoting the public image of the PR clients and the Company; offering strategic advice to managers and staff to ensure they carry out their responsibilities to the highest standards; ensuring a financially efficient and streamlined approach to the portfolio; and a high involvement with new business.
This role requires a dynamic individual, capable of providing operational know-how, strategic support, and entrepreneurial nous. Applicants must be able to work - and thrive - in a fast-paced environment and should have the confidence to operate successfully under their own initiative as well as collaboratively alongside the wider Hills Balfour team. We are looking for someone who is motivated, energetic, organised and creative, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and take full responsibility for their own workload as well as overseeing a team. Flawless execution and an eye for detail are also essential qualities for this role, and a good grasp of the social media and digital influencer landscape is an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to join the UK’s leading integrated travel marketing agency at an exciting time of unprecedented growth.
To apply, please email your CV and some thoughts on what you could bring to this role to [email protected] quoting reference JH1922
2. FINANCE MANAGER This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute Finance Manager to join a brand within the forefront of the travel marketing space. It is a group that has grown quickly in recent years and therefore offers plenty of scope for future development.
You will interact with Senior Management, develop systems and processes, work with Operational Managers and clients on RFP’s, P&L’s and contracts. This would be a great role for someone who has a strong understanding of International GAAP, Revenue Recognition and some ability to understand client contracts. The role may require very limited travel to other offices.
Main duties include:
Main duties include:
- Partnering with Operational Managers for financial support and queries on the P&L and client billing/profitability and client contracts.
- Producing monthly management accounts including month-end journal entries and analysis.
- Managing the annual statutory audit
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Completing annual budgets and quarterly forecasting
- Assisting in systems implementation and development
- Developing and implementing new policies
- Assisting in payroll
- Preparing various quarterly and annual returns to HMRC/ONS
- Ensuring balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis
- Producing the periodic VAT return
- Managing fixed asset register and capital expenditure reporting
- Identifying new value for money initiatives
- Ad hoc analytical work as required by Senior Management
Key skills & experience required:
- Qualified with at least 2 years’ PQ work experience (preferably ACA)
- Strong technical ability including experience of UK GAAP (particularly FRS 102) and US GAAP required, IFRS exposure would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, with the confidence and ability to discuss numbers with all stakeholders including non-finance personnel.
- Strong Excel (At least sum-if, v-look-up etc)
- Systems’ ability (Paprika would be beneficial)
- Self-starter, someone who can use their initiative and proactively push things forward
- Enjoys working as part of a close-knit team, keen to get involved in company activities and events
If you feel like you meet the criteria for this role please email your CV with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to [email protected]
No Recruitment Agencies please!