KENYA TOURISM BOARD PR STRATEGY
To develop strong relationships with consumer and trade media to ensure high profile and continual positive press coverage on Kenya throughout the year, including celebrity endorsements of the destination and management of Kenya’s reputation with the media in times of crisis
A dedicated PR team are tasked with:
- Developing an annual PR plan for KTB to ensure a steady and consistent stream of broadcast, print and online coverage in the UK and Ireland.
- Organising and hosting media on individual and group press trips in Kenya.
- Running a day-to-day press office for KTB.
- Editorial meetings.
- Organisation of in-market VIP visits including a programme of broadcast media interviews.
- Media and crisis training.
- Annual media missions.
- Celebrity endorsements of the destination.
- Profiling opportunities.
- Article syndication.
- Consumer PR stunts.
- Customising press releases and other materials.
- Capitalising on in-market events to secure event publicity and feature story placements.
- Preparation of editorial calendars, proactively identifying local market editorial opportunities.
Results to date:
6,000 media meetings conducted
550 journalists hosted on press trips in Kenya
PR value in excess of £600 million
Photo credit to: www.ericlafforgue.com