REPUTATION MANAGEMENT FOR KENYA
KENYA TOURISM BOARD CRISIS MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR THE UK & IRELAND
Manage KTB’s crisis strategy in the UK and Ireland across media and trade to ensure Kenya’s reputation is always protected in a crisis and to minimise the impact on sales to the destination.
A dedicated crisis team are tasked with:
- Drafting and disseminating statements on all crises that take place in market within one hour of the incident taking place.
- Managing all trade and media enquiries on a reactive and proactive basis depending on the nature of the crisis.
- Reassuring front line sales staff and equipping them with the tools and knowledge needed to continue selling Kenya.
- Trade and media forums.
- Lobbying of FCO and management of High Commission and Embassy relations.
- Management of online reputation management campaigns to limit negative online coverage on Kenya that can be found on search pages.
- Analysis of all consumer advertising in-market and recommendations on pausing activity, as well as increased heavy weight advertising in recovery periods.
- Working with trade to support their marketing effort to ensure Kenya continues selling.
Results to date:
Managed KTB crisis plan throughout events such as post-election violence in 2008, the kidnapping and shooting of a British tourist in Kenya in 2011 and the attack on a Nairobi shopping centre in 2013.
Carried out four ORM campaigns for KTB.
Recovered Kenya to 200,000 arrivals within 18 months of any crisis.
Photo credit to: www.ericlafforgue.com