Represent Destination Ontario in the UK to expand travel trade awareness and product development, increasing travel to Ontario from the UK to iconic and lesser known regions, with longer length of stays.
Since 2016 MMGY Hills Balfour has developed, managed and executed Destination Ontario’s business development and travel trade strategy in the UK, including management during the pandemic and the destination’s UK recovery. This consists of educating the trade on why they should sell Ontario to UK consumers through events, fam trips, product training and much more.
Trade Selection Process
Working closely with Destination Ontario, we’ve maintained a priority list of trade targets used to maximise our approach, including high calibre and mainstream TO / TAs who best fit Ontario’s portfolio, as well as newer / niche operators for product development and segment diversity.
Activity & Tactics
- Conducted hundreds of sales calls / trainings to assist with product developments
- Leveraged trade shows to continue conversations regarding marketing and training and push product development
- Acted as the consistent point of contact for trade enquiries in relation to product growth, destination information and assets
- Executed multiple B2B and B2B2C campaigns
- Hosted multiple product tours for key decision makers and sales staff
- 3,494 trained front line sales staff, exceeding KPI of 2,520 (360 per year)
- 796 product updates, exceeding KPI of 21, featuring overnights outside of Toronto & Niagara
- 753 sales calls, exceeding KPI of 672 (96 per year)
- 58 hosted trade in Ontario with 5 more planned for Feb ‘23
- 2,237 registrations & 1,462 completions of training programme
- 2 hosted B2B Sales Programmes
- 13 trade shows attended
- Bookings to Ontario driven exponentially over tenure