REPRESENTING TOURISM & EVENTS QUEENSLAND IN THE UK, IRELAND AND NORDIC REGIONS
To fully represent Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) in the UK, Ireland and Nordic regions by ‘inspiring the world to experience the best address on earth’. Highline goals were to increase visitor arrivals, length of stay and expenditure through a recommended plan of consumer marketing, trade training, partnerships and PR.
A dedicated sales and marketing team of 3, led by a Senior Regional Director, is supported by a PR team including Director, Senior Manager, Manager and Executive, with their combined time equalling a full-time PR member. Their remit includes:
- Developing a recommended overall source market strategy to deliver on TEQ corporate goals and targets
- Managing a significant budget and creating and executing a fully-integrated annual plan of activity
- Defining and implementing the best distribution strategy – through trade (both volume and niche), online and direct
- Developing a training strategy to educate and motivate the travel trade to sell destination Queensland, based on resource available, but with maximum impact
- Creating a PR plan to deliver on KPIs and fully aligned with overall UK strategy
- Identifying and developing strong relationships with all key partners – from senior decision makers to travel consultants at key distribution partners; airlines; Tourism Australia and other State and Territory organisations, media and Queensland Government
- Advising Queensland industry on how to engage in market – through market briefing presentations; meetings and communications
- Representing TEQ at all relevant events in source market as well as attending trade shows and events in Australia; Crisis management
Great client and industry feedback – contract has been renewed three times over 11 years.
Awards – Hills Balfour TEQ team has been recognised for its achievements and commitment through many awards. These include TTG Tourism Board of the Year in 2010 and 2011 and shortlisted several more times including 2016; TTG Trade Campaign of the Year, as well as winning multiple marketing awards at the Chartered Institute of Marketing Travel Marketing Awards; Campaign Big awards; Travolution TEQ in-house awards, etc.